VENDOR CODE OF CONDUCT
A fundamental principle of BWD is that all persons who visit the site are expected to conduct their business with integrity and will adhere to a reasonable standard of ethical behaviour. Vendors who choose to create a listing, profile or posted deal will be expected to comply with the following minimum standards of conduct, and the failure to do so may result in the removal of the Vendor’s listing, profile or posted deal from BWD:
- Vendors will treat each other, all consumers, and BWD with respect, dignity and integrity.
- Written and photographic or other imaged content uploaded to a vendor profile or posted deal are subject to the approval of BWD. No obscene, pornographic, or distasteful material will be permitted to be posted.
- Photographic material provided by the vendor must feature authentic work of the vendor. Photographic and written materials that misrepresent the work of the vendor, such as stock photography and embellishing statements are not permitted on Barrie Wedding Deals.
- Written material posted on a Vendor’s profile shall not be abusive, make false claims or make comment on the services or profiles of other Vendors.
- Although the “like” feature of a profile is to the benefit of a Vendor, it is intended for the use of a consumer. BWD reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disengage a Vendor’s “like” feature, to reset a “like” counter, or to remove a Vendor from BWD if it has reason to believe that this feature is being misused directly or indirectly by the Vendor.
- The “review” feature of a profile is also intended to be for the use of consumers. Vendors may not write their own reviews, nor encourage or request that persons other than clients or consumers write reviews of services or products that were never provided. BWD reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disengage a Vendor’s “review” feature, to remove a posted review, or to remove a Vendor from BWD if it has reason to believe that a review is false or has been created by a person associated with the Vendor other than a client or consumer. Reviews of persons associated or related to the Vendor are permissible, provided that the content of the review provides disclosure of the nature of the relationship.
- The content of a Vendor profile may not include any pricing detail and may not include any information about any special promotion, deal, special, sale or discount, whether available to a visitor to or registered user of BWD. Such content may only appear in a posted deal. Except in the normal course of business with their customers, Vendors may not offer private deals specifically to registered consumers of BWD. Without limiting the foregoing, Vendors may not offer a specific discount available only to registered members of BWD without fully disclosing and advertising such deal or discount to all members of BWD through a posted deal.
- Each Vendor who posts photographs or other imaged content represents and warrants that it has the copyright or license to use such material. If BWD has reason to believe or learns that the Vendor does not have the copyright or license to such material, it will be removed from the website. BWD reserves the right to remove the Vendor from BWD in the event of a copyright violation.
- A Vendor who is not otherwise a consumer shall not register on BWD as a bride or groom, and shall not engage in the posting of reviews or comments on another Vendor’s profile.
- No Vendor shall be abusive towards or engage in any harassing behaviour toward another Vendor.
- Vendors must comply with the Ontario Human Rights Code and any other legislation which applies to their business.
- Brides, grooms, other consumers and all Vendors are encouraged to bring forward any evidence or complaint of misconduct in connection with this Code of Conduct.